Play Live Roulette Online at WinsRoyal
Think for a moment about the typical game of chance that you can find in most, if not all, casinos around the world: that's right, roulette. If you have never played or want to learn more about this game, this will interest you: what is it, how do you play online roulette and what terms do you need to know before playing? Find out the answers to these and many other questions in our complete guide to online roulette.
What is roulette and what does it consist of?
Roulette is a popular casino game played all over the world, the aim of which is to guess which winning square the ball will land in. The dynamic of the game is very easy to understand: players place bets and then the croupier throws the ball on the moving roulette wheel, which is the numbered mechanism of this game, and whoever guesses correctly wins.
Who invented roulette? History and origin
If you start searching the web, you will find many explanations of the history of this popular game. It seems that roulette originated in 18th century France and its creation is attributed to Blaise Pascal, a French mathematician who presented a roulette wheel with 36 numbers at the time. His invention was intended to be a perpetual motion machine, but ended up becoming the casino game featured in this guide.
Reportedly, the first people to play roulette in its current form were the French gentry. Of course, this is not the only fun fact about the history of roulette. As you may already know, French roulette today has a single green 0, but this has not always been the case. There is a documented game from 1796 in Paris, where roulette was played with two banker's boxes, with a green zero and a double green zero, just as in American roulette, and these were maintained into the 1800s.
So where did European roulette and French roulette with a single 0 come from? It was the brothers François and Louis Blanc, the two Frenchmen who changed the game, reducing the two green squares to a single zero, so that players had a better chance against the bank, and helped to spread it throughout Europe, even taking it to the Casino de Monte Carlo.
How many numbers does roulette have?
The number of total roulette squares varies depending on the type of roulette you choose. They all have in common the cells with numbers from 1 to 36, but depending on whether you play American, European or French roulette, the total number of cells may vary. In French and European roulette, a zero will also appear, and in American roulette, a zero and a double.
How does online roulette work?
Are you worried that the online casino might cheat? Well, forget your doubts! Online roulette works with a specific software, the Random Number Generator (RGN). As you can imagine from its name, it generates numbers randomly, so no one can know which number will come up. So, thanks to it, you have the guarantee that no one will manipulate the online roulette and that the game is safe, fair and clean.
How to play online roulette
Once you know the purpose of physical roulette and its modus operandi, you already know a lot about how to play online roulette, as the objective and the procedure are very similar. The main difference is that, here, you don't have to leave the house to play, you can do it comfortably in your pyjamas from the sofa and use the device you like the most, such as your mobile or tablet. With that said, let's take a look at how to play online roulette step by step:
- Choose which online roulette you want to play: the best thing about playing online is that here you don't have to settle for a specific roulette wheel, as there are multiple options to choose from. In fact, at WinsRoyal we have a great variety of types. Have you already selected the one you like the most? Well, let's move on to step two.
- Place your bet: in front of you, you will see chips with amounts and different types of bets to choose from. Select responsibly and calmly the one you are interested in for the game and place the chips in the box you want to bet on.
- Click on "spin": when you do so, the dealer or the RNG spins the ball and spins the wheel.
- Check if you're right: the ball will stop on a square. If it matches yours, you win; if it doesn't, you lose.
Types of online roulette
Now that you know how to play, it's time to tell you something that you've probably already realised if you've checked out the casino games on offer at WinsRoyal: there are different types of online roulette. And no, we're not just talking about the themes and the wild rhythms you'll find in some of the roulette wheels on offer, but about the mechanics of the game in general. Here are some of the ones you should know about:
- Live roulette: this option allows you to play online roulette completely live in real time from wherever you want. You can see it at Live Roulette.
- American roulette: in this roulette wheel, there are a total of 38 numbers. The numbers range from 1 to 36 and, in addition, there are two green squares: one with a 0 and one with a 00. You can see one at Switch Studios' American Roulette.
- European Roulette: unlike the previous one, here you will find 37 numbers: 18 in red, 18 in black and a 0 in green. You can play one at Switch Studios Roulette.
- French Roulette: The layout of French Roulette is the same as European Roulette. The only difference you will find between the two, and not even always, will be mainly in relation to some special rules.
- Fast roulette: here is an option for those who love speed. This is a type of live online roulette where you can place multiple bets per hour. You can play one at Fastball Roulette.
How to play online roulette well? Strategies and tips
In addition to mastering the lingo, whether you have already played roulette in its physical version or you are going to try the online version for the first time, it can be very useful to know some extra information so that the game can be even more exciting. Here are the online roulette strategies and tips that we at WinsRoyal would like to share with you.
How to bet on online roulette: Types of bets
As with other casino games, the key to betting on online roulette is to always bet responsibly, with self-control and composure. Never bet more than you can afford or bet an amount that you will regret if you lose. Remember that the only purpose of playing online roulette is to have fun.
With that in mind, let's take a look at the types of online roulette bets. The first thing to know is that there are different types of bets, the most popular being inside bets, outside bets and advanced bets. Let's take a look at what they are and which are the most popular of each.
Outside bets in online roulette
Let's start with the most basic: outside bets or multiple bets, which are those in which you bet on a certain group of numbers according to a specific characteristic and not on a specific one. In this type of betting, the odds of winning are higher and the rewards are lower. Here are the possibilities:
- Colour bet: you bet on red or black, regardless of the number, so if the ball lands in any square of your chosen colour, you win. The payout is 1:1.
- Odd or even bet: also known as odd or even. Here, you bet on odd or even numbers and the payout is 1:1.
- Odd/odd bet: this is a bet on low or high numbers. That is, you can bet on numbers between 1 and 18, which would be "miss", or on numbers between 19 and 36, which would be "pass".
- Dozens bet: the numbers are divided into three sections of twelve numbers, and you can bet on the section between 1 and 12, between 13 and 24 and between 25 and 36. This is a 2 to 1 bet.
- Column bet: in this case, you also bet on a dozen numbers, but instead of betting on all the numbers in a row, you choose the numbers that form part of one of the 3 rows that make up the board. This bet is also a 2 to 1 bet.
Inside bets in online roulette
Unlike outside bets, inside bets or single bets offer higher rewards, but also reduced odds of winning. In this case, you are not betting on a group of numbers, but on a specific number or a specific combination. Here are some possibilities:
- Full bet: you bet on a specific number by placing chips on it. The payout is 35 to 1.
- Split or horse bet: you bet on two numbers that are connected horizontally or vertically by placing chips on the line that separates them. The payout is 17 to 1.
- Street or cross bet: you bet on three numbers together in a row, placing the chip on the outside line of the row you want to bet on. The payout is 11 to 1.
- Corner or square bet: you bet on four adjacent numbers, placing your chips on the intersection that joins them. The payout is 8 to 1.
- Six-of-a-kind bet: you bet on six numbers that are in two adjacent rows, placing your chips on the outside line shared by these two streets. The payoff is 5 to 1.
Announced bets in online roulette
Announced bets or advanced bets are more complex than the previous ones and are often used in French roulette. Here are the most popular ones:
- Neighbours of zero: bets on the zero and the seven numbers that lie on either side of the zero, covering a total of 17 numbers.
- Third of the cylinder: bets on the 12 numbers that lie adjacent to the neighbours of the zero.
- Orphans: bets on the 8 numbers that are not neighbours of the zero and are not part of the third of the cylinder.
- Zero game: bets on the three neighbours on each side of the zero and on the zero, covering a total of 7 numbers.
How do you calculate where the ball will land in online roulette?
This is one of the big questions that many players ask themselves. If you are going to play physical roulette, you can find multiple theories on how to calculate where the ball will land in roulette, but the truth is that none of them will help you in online roulette, because, as you know, here the RGN system is in charge of generating numbers randomly and it is impossible to know where it is going to land.
What are the most common numbers in online roulette?
The RGN that online roulette uses makes it impossible to answer this question as well, as, by randomly generating numbers, there is no specific statistic.
How to win at online roulette? Tips
As you know, there is no way to know whether you can win or not in your next game, but there are some tips for your betting that we want to share with you. Here are some of them:
- Check the odds: these types of percentages can give you clues as to which bets you might be more likely to win on and which you might be less likely to win on.
- The advantages of European or French roulette: As you know, American roulette has a 0 and a 00, which means a higher house edge. European and French roulette only have a zero, so the house edge is smaller.
- Outside vs. inside betting: by betting on a group of numbers and not on a specific one or a specific combination, it can be easier to win.
Responsibility: a must when playing roulette online
Roulette is a casino game that can be a lot of fun, as long as it is played responsibly and with caution. To prevent you from ever looking for a way to quit roulette, the best thing to do is to always make sure that self-control is in the driver's seat. Before you play online roulette, remember these three premises:
- This is only a means of entertainment: the aim of the game is not to win money or prizes, but simply to have a good time.
- You can always lose what you bet: your bets can turn into losses, so never risk more money than you can afford to lose.
- Don't become obsessed: Gambling can be very addictive. If you feel you gamble out of necessity or because you can't stop the urge, quit.
These three premises are key to ensuring that gambling fulfils its function as a means of entertainment and that it does not become a problem. Please, if you notice any signs of losing control, stop playing and do other things. How do you know if you are playing online roulette with self-control and responsibility? By scenarios such as the following:
- You only play for fun: it is clear to you that your goal is not to win prizes, but just to have a good time.
- No one around you complains: neither your loved ones nor your co-workers say that you have a toxic relationship with online roulette.
- You play in a calm and collected manner: when making decisions, whether to bet, to continue playing or to stop playing, you do so in a logical and controlled manner.